Natural Remedies for Toddler Skin AllergyPosts By: Maruf Hossain, Catagory: Skin Care, Comments: One Comment
It is a widespread scenario for the parents that their toddler is frequently affected by various skin diseases. Since the immune system of children is low, caring for them should be adequate. Again, the children are so carefree that they hurt themselves while playing, touching their pets, and so on. It isn’t easy to take them to the doctors. So, it would be best if we figure out natural remedies for toddler skin allergy. You can take effective measures by using the herbs, grocery commodities that are available near your hand.
Skin Allergy & Its Causes
Some materials like dust, pollen, insects, some foods can work as allergens to your children. So, their immune system releases histamines which cause itching, swollen skins, skin flaking, skin cracking, etc.
Care for toddler skin by using best home remedies
There are mainly two types of products for treating toddler skin allergy. One could be the household commodities like oatmeal, olive oil, baking soda, and another type will be herbs and plants.
1. Oatmeal: Oatmeal, mainly the colloidal oatmeal, works as a barrier on your child’s skin. It also traps the moisture of the skin. So, you can get rid of dryness and itching. Colloidal oatmeal bears antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. You can use the powdered oatmeal means the colloidal oatmeal by two processes. One is an oatmeal bath, and another one is oatmeal poultice.
For the oatmeal bath, take lukewarm water in a tub and then mix the oatmeal powder thoroughly with the water. Immerse on the wounded place for 30 mins and then rinse yourself with gentle water.
You can also apply it as a paste. Mix oatmeal, plain yougurt, and honey together. Apply it on the rashes, and you can get the result.
2. Baking Soda: Baking soda works as a base and balances the pH level of the skin. It also soothes the inflammation of the skin. You can use it as a paste or take a baking soda bath. Use water or coconut oil and baking soda and make a paste out of it. Apply it gently on the itchy area every day. Please don’t put it on the skin for more than 10 minutes or it will be worse.
Like oatmeal, you can use it for bathing. Mix the soda with the lukewarm water and soak the injured area. After soaking 15 minutes, rinse it with gentle water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: This remedy is quite prominent for thousands of years as a natural wound disinfectant. The scalp of your toddler skin allergy can get relief by using apple cider vinegar. The children with cracked and bleeding skin should not use apple cider vinegar since the acetic acid causes a burning sensation.
Dilute the vinegar with water and dip a cotton ball in it and place it on the wound.
4. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel works like a miracle on the rashes. For its antibacterial and antifungal properties, aloe vera heals the skin ailments and atopic dermatitis. You can also purchase aloe vera gel or extract.
5.Peppermint: Menthol is the material found in the essential oil of peppermint. Only a few drops of this oil can do the magic. Be aware of the amount of oil.
6.Neem: Neem (also known as Indian lilac or margosa) has the anti-irritant and antiviral features that work better for toddler skin allergy. Neem revives the skin cells. For applying neem on the skin, boil the leaves in the water and sieve the solution. Use a cotton ball to massage it to the surface.
7.Olive oil: Olive oil has vitamin E and anti-oxidants. It soothes your child’s skin. You can also apply it by mixing with honey to heal the skin.
8.Turmeric Powder: Turmeric powder can reduce the itching by antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Please don’t leave your child with these materials. Otherwise, they will end up chewing them or putting in their eyes.
- Since the skin of the toddler is very soft, be careful about using them. Don’t put the commodities too longer on the surface.
- Some remedies could not be valid for everybody. These could bring vital situations. So, apply the product if it suits the skin.
Every parent wants to deliver their children the proper medication. The parents need to take care of the toddler’s skin by using the products that we state above. So, be cautious about using any medicine or any product on your child’s skin. Otherwise, this can bring about dangerous results.
Read More: 5 Simple Skin Care Tips for Summer